Thursday, May 18, 2006

End of Work Day


Well, it is the end of another work day and I thought I'd make one more post today.
Something about me: I have a tattoo of a bumble bee on my right ankle. (In the pic, the flowers underneath the bumble bee are a temporary tattoo - I am going to have them permantely inked soon!) I got it when I graduated college in 2002 at the age of 39.
Now, here is the reason I chose a bumble bee:
Scientifically, a bumble bee should not be able to fly, due to the ratio of it's body size compared to it's wing span. However, a bumble bee DEFIES the odds and flies anyway!! That is how I felt upon graduating college at the age of 39! I defied those who said I was too old; I defied my own doubts and insecurities....and graduated Cum Laude!! (patting myself on back-lol) :)
So ....to all of you out there who think you can't fly....reach for your dreams, defy your doubts and look to the little bumble bee for inspiration!!


This is right after I accepted my diploma; I was so HAPPY and I was not letting go of it!!

This photo was taken after graduation; you can tell how hot it was in there by looking at my hair!!! LOL

This little bumble bee was in my front yard the other day, so naturally, I had to photograph it!

No comments: