Friday, May 26, 2006

Hooray for The Geek Squad!!!


I was at The Geek Squad at Best Buy last night in Fort Smith....I took
Tessia's computer for repair. He opened it up....hook it up to their
diagnostics and discovered it had been hit by lightening!!! So, I have
to buy a new power supply. However, because it is a Gateway
computer, The Geek Squad can't order the part...I have to order it
directly...then bring the CPU and part back to them...and they will
install it...clean up the hard drive, etc...and it will be ready.
I ordered the part this morning...she said it would be in by the middle
of next week. So, hopefully, I will have a home computer by the June 2 or 3!!!
The Geek Squad guy also said that Tessia had several viruses and spyware
that he will remove and I am purchasing a powerful virus protector, firewall,
and spyware buster.
Whew! lol

1 comment:

Ed said...

Glad you finally took the computer to someone who could tell you what was wrong with it LOL
Hopefully sometime soon you will be able to log on again and even start emailing and chatting too and not be limited to using other computers :)
It is so pleasant to be hooked up on wireless on the balcony and watch the waves and listen to the sounds of the surf.